Persimmon Fruit Salad
Enjoy the decidedly fall flavors of this delightful fruit salad. The crunch of the nuts will hide the crunch of the pomegranate seeds.
- 4 fuyu persimmons, peeled if desired, cut into bite sized chunks
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 4 mandarins, peeled and pulled into sections
- 1/3 cup pecans or walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 7-10 fresh mint leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Toast the nuts on a baking sheet in a 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes. Watch carefully and stir after the first few minutes. Let cool.
- Gently stir the ingredients together, adding the nuts just before serving.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Newcastle Produce http://newcastleproduce.com/