Chase away the chill with a warming cup of Chef Chelsea’s vegetarian style Quinoa Chili.
- ½ cup Extra Virgin Olive
- 1 Yellow Onion, diced
- 3 ea. Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 2 Tbsp. Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Cumin
- 1 Tbsp. Smoked Paprika
- 2-28 oz. cans Crushed Tomatoes
- 4 oz. can Diced Green Chiles
- 15 oz. can Kidney Beans
- 15 oz. can Black Beans
- 1 cup Quinoa
- Garnish: Cilantro, Lime, Avocado
- In a large soup pot, combine the olive oil, onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin, and smoked paprika. Sauté until the onions soften, about 7-10 minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, green chilies, kidney beans, black beans, and quinoa.
- Simmer for about 20-25 minutes, until the quinoa is cooked.
- Thin with vegetable broth if desired.
- Garnish with cilantro, lime wedges, and avocado.
Newcastle Produce http://newcastleproduce.com/