Lentil Soup with Italian Sausage
Enjoy Chef Chelsea’s warming Lentil Soup with Italian Sausage and winter vegetables this month while we wait for the arrival of Spring.
- 1 lb. Ground Italian Sausage
- 1 Yellow onion, chopped
- 3 medium Leeks, sliced
- 6 cloves of Garlic
- 1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups Carrots, peeled, shredded
- 10 cups Chicken Or Vegetable Stock
- 1 lb. dry Lentils
- 1 Tbsp. Parsley
- 2 Bay Leaves
- ½ Tbsp. Thyme
- 1 tsp. Basil, dried
- 1 tsp. Oregano, dried
- ½ bunch Kale, chopped
- 1. In a sauté pan, fully cook the Italian sausage. Drain the fat.
- 2. In a large soup pot, sauté the onions, leeks, garlic, and carrots for about 5-7 minutes. Add the stock and bring to a simmer. Add the lentils and bring to a boil and reduce the heat to a gentle simmer. Cook the lentils until they are soft about 15-20 minutes. While the lentils are cooking, add the bay leaf, thyme, basil, and oregano.
- 3. When the lentils are done cooking add the chopped kale and cook for about 5 minutes.
Newcastle Produce http://newcastleproduce.com/