Bean & Bacon Salad
Write a review
- 1 lb. green beans
- 1 lb. yellow beans
- 3 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cook beans in boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain and plunge into ice water. When cool drain and place in a large bowl.
- Cook bacon in a non-stick skillet until crisp. Remove to paper towel to drain.
- Reserve 1 teaspoon drippings in pan. Add onions and cook 1 1/2 minutes, stirring often. Add vinegar and cook 30 seconds, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Drizzle over beans.
- Whisk together honey, mustard, pepper and salt. Pour over beans and toss to coat. Sprinkle with crumbled bacon. Serve immediately.
Newcastle Produce https://newcastleproduce.com/