Bierwagen Peach Scones
The perfect treat to serve your family on Easter morning!
Write a review
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) chilled unsalted butter, diced
- 1 cup chopped dried Bierwagen peaches (or other dried fruit)
- 1/2 cup chilled whipping cream (plus more as needed)
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add chilled butter and stir until a coarse meal forms. Mix in fruit. Whisk cream and egg in small bowl to blend. Gradually add cream mixture to dry ingredients, stirring until dough comes together in clumps. Add more cream by teaspoonfuls if dough is dry. Spoon onto large rimmed baking sheet, spacing them generously. Bake until golden brown and tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 15-20 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature. Makes about a dozen.
Newcastle Produce https://newcastleproduce.com/