Brussels Sprouts and Kale Salad
Chef Chelsea’s salad of fresh, raw Brussels sprouts and kale will make you feel healthier just making it, and it tastes wonderful besides. Nutty, sweet and lemony, it’s a salad to make often during the cold weather season.
Write a review
- 1 1/2 lbs. Brussels sprouts, shaved
- 1 bunch scarlet kale, chopped
- 1 Meyer lemon, zest and juice
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. agave syrup
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- Add the olive oil, shallots and garlic to a sauté pan. Sauté on medium-high heat for about 5 minutes until the shallots and garlic begin to get golden, stirring frequently. In a medium bowl, add the shallot mixture (the warmth of the mixture helps to tenderize the greens) to the Brussels sprouts, kale, lemon, Dijon, agave, and sea salt. Using the same skillet that the shallots and garlic were sautéed in, toast the slivered almonds until light golden brown. Add to the salad. Toss all together.
Newcastle Produce https://newcastleproduce.com/