Butternut Squash and Leek Soup
Write a review
- 2 butternut squash (about 4 1/2 lbs.) halved and seeded
- 5 T butter
- 4 large leeks, coarsely chopped
- 7 fresh thyme sprigs
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 t pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 T chopped chives
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Place the squash cut side down on a baking sheet and bake at 350° until tender, about 40 minutes. Cool slightly and scoop the squash from the skin.
- Meanwhile melt the butter in a heavy skillet. Add the leeks and thyme and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until soft and browned, about 40 minutes. Discard thyme sprigs.
- Stir in the stock and squash and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Puree in batches in a blender. Return to pan, heat, and season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish serving bowls with sour cream, chives, and bacon.
Newcastle Produce https://newcastleproduce.com/