Caprese Salad with Buffalo Mozzarella
This cool, refreshing salad is the perfect light lunch on a hot day, and it highlights the delicious taste of summer tomatoes. This salad tastes best when the ingredients are fresh, and of the highest quality. Try it for lunch or dinner tonight!
Write a review
- 2 pounds colorful Twin Brooks Farm tomatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces*
- 1 pound fresh buffalo mozzarella, cubed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Twin Brooks Farm fresh basil leaves
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Bariani extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Sparrow Lane Golden Balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and toss well. Spoon salad into serving bowls, and garnish with sprigs of basil and a slice of crusty bread to dip in the dressing. Serve with crusty bread for dipping. Serves 4 as a light meal.
- *NOTE: It looks beautiful to use a variety of colorful cherry-size tomatoes in this salad. Also, for a delicious variation, puree the olive oil, basil, and vinegar with some roasted/salted pistachios and then toss with the tomatoes and cheese
Newcastle Produce https://newcastleproduce.com/