CHEF CHELSEA’S CIDER AND PORK
Write a review
- 2 bone-in pork chops
- 1/8 cup sea salt
- 1 can Schilling & Co. Dry Cider
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled, large dice
- 3-4 red creamer potatoes, large dice
- 1/2 lb. baby carrots
- 1/4 cup local honey
- 1/8 cup Lucero Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 2 gala apples, peeled & sliced
- 2 medium shallots thinly sliced
- Put pork chops, sea salt and cider in a gallon Ziploc bag. Gently shake and place in a bowl. Refrigerate 4-6 hours.
- Place sweet potatoes, red creamer potatoes and carrots on a sheet pan. Drizzle with the honey, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt & pepper. Gently toss to coat vegetables. Roast at 375 degrees for one hour.
- In a cast iron pan, sauté apples and shallots with 2 tsp. olive oil on medium high heat for 7-10 minutes. Stir often. Remove from pan. Add 2 tsp. oil to hot pan and sear the pork chops for 5 minutes each side on medium high heat. Turn the heat off and cover. Allow to sit for 5 minutes to finish cooking. Serve chops with roasted vegetables and apples.
Newcastle Produce https://newcastleproduce.com/