Dr. Weil's Spaghetti Squash Casserole
Write a review
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- 2 large Carrots
- 2 stalks Celery
- 1 large Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 2 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 can Crushed Tomatoes, 28 oz.
- Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 t dried Basil
- 1/2 t dried Oregano
- Pinch of ground Allspice
- 3 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 3/4 lb. Mozzarella, grated
- 1/2 cup Parmesan, grated
- Roast the squash until tender.
- While squash is cooking, peel and chop the carrots, celery, onion and pepper.
- Sauté in olive oil until barely tender.
- Season with red pepper flakes and salt.
- Add tomatoes, basil, oregano, allspice and garlic.
- Simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Break squash into strands with a fork and combine with vegetables.
- Place half in a large baking dish.
- Top with half the cheese, another layer of squash, then the rest of the cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- Let cool 15 minutes before serving.
Newcastle Produce https://newcastleproduce.com/