EARLY SUMMER FOOTHILL SALAD
Chef Chelsea's Early Summer Foothill Salad features locally grown Hillview Farms Foothill Lettuce Mix and our own Newcastle Produce House-Made Chicken Seasoning.
Write a review
- 5 oz. Hillview Farms Foothill Lettuce Mix
- 1/2 log Laura Chenel Goat Chevre
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 2 tbsp. N.P. Chicken House Seasoning Blend
- 4 Red Creamer Potatoes
- 1/2 bunch Asparagus
- 1/2 cup N.P. Pesto
- 1/2 Cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1-2 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1 bunch finely chopped chives
- 1. Pat chicken breast dry. Sprinkle with N.P. seasoning and a drizzle of olive oil. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes. Cool and shred.
- 2. Bring a quart of water to boil. Add potatoes and gently boil for 16-18 minutes. Cool and quarter potatoes.
- 3. Trim and cut asparagus into 1 inch pieces. Bring a quart of water to boil. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Drain and run cold water over them to stop the asparagus from over-cooking.
- 5. Assemble the salad! Divide ingredients between two plates. Start with a bed of Foothill Lettuce Mix. Then add the shredded chicken, goat cheese, asparagus, and potatoes. Drizzle with the pesto vinaigrette. Top with chives!
Newcastle Produce https://newcastleproduce.com/