Easy Eggplant Parmesan
Turn those purple beauties into a hearty meal in just 30 minutes!
Write a review
- 3 eggplants* cut into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 eggs
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup milk
- Ian’s Panko Breadcrumbs, Italian style
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- 3/4 cup shredded parmesan or asaigo cheese
- 2 - 8 oz balls Polly-O mozzarella cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 1 can Exclusivo Wild Porcini Tomato Sauce
- Blend eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Dip eggplant slices into egg batter and then into bread crumbs. In a medium frying pan, heat olive oil and sauté slices for 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown. Place one layer of eggplant slices in a glass baking dish and sprinkle with parsley, parmesan, tomato sauce, and mozzarella. Repeat for two more layers. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- *We like to use Rosa Bianca, Listada di Gandia or Black Bell in this recipe.
Newcastle Produce https://newcastleproduce.com/