Farro Butternut Squash Salad
Savor the autumn flavors of butternut squash, cranberries and maple syrup in this hearty salad.
Write a review
- 1 lb. Farro
- 1 Butternut Squash (about 2 lbs.), peeled, deseeded, 1/2 inch dice
- 1/2 bunch Thyme, finely chopped
- 1 cup Sweetened Dried Cranberries
- 1/2 bunch Kale, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of water to boil and add the Farro. Let the Farro simmer for about 20 minutes until done. Strain and rinse with cool water.
- Place diced butternut squash on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes or until the butternut squash pieces are soft.
- In a large bowl combine the farro, butternut squash, thyme, cranberries, and kale. In a small bowl whisk the maple syrup, balsamic vinegar, and extra virgin olive oil together. Add it to the Farro and toss together.
Newcastle Produce https://newcastleproduce.com/