Fresh Pumpkin Soup
The perfect slow-cook soup for a cool fall evening.
Write a review
- 8 cups peeled and chopped fresh pumpkin (about 3 pounds)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 small tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger root
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a slow cooker, combine ingredients and mix well. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours, or until pumpkin and apples are tender. Cool pumpkin mixture slightly; process in batches in a blender or food processor. Transfer to a large saucepan; heat through. Garnish with toasted pumpkin seeds or sour cream. Makes about 8 servings.
Newcastle Produce https://newcastleproduce.com/