Grilled Red Torpedo Onions
A perfect way to enjoy the summer bounty of onions! And the leftovers taste great chopped up in salads, scrambled eggs, or on a burger!
Write a review
- 2 Twin Brooks Farms Red Torpedo Onions
- 1/4 cup Bariani Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Earth & Vine Chardonnay Balsamic
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Trim onion tops, remove the dry outer skin layer, and trim the stem end but do not remove it or the onion will fall apart. Combine the olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper, and set aside. Cut onions in halves or quarters lengthwise. Smaller ones can be left whole. Brush the onions generously with the olive oil mixture. Grill over a low, slow heat to allow the onions to caramelize (30-40 minutes), basting with the olive oil mixture a few times while cooking. Serve with steak, fish, chicken, or on burgers.
Newcastle Produce https://newcastleproduce.com/