LEMON DATE BARS
Thank you to our weekend cashier, Sue Stack, for this delicious recipe.
Write a review
- 2 cups chopped, pitted dates
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup soft butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 3/4 cups unbleached flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup rolled oats
- Combine chopped dates, lemon juice and water in a small saucepan and cook on low heat for about 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Press 2/3 of the dough into the bottom of a 8x8 oiled baking dish.
- Spread the date mixture over the dough.
- Crumble the remaining dough over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Cool in the pan, then cut into bars.
Newcastle Produce https://newcastleproduce.com/