Newcastle Potato Bake
This rich and hearty side dish is a great way to celebrate the bounty of fall potatoes.
Write a review
- 3 pounds Yellow Finn potatoes
- 4 strips of cooked bacon, crumbled
- 4 green onions with tops, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup crushed seasoned croutons
- 3 T melted butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil potatoes until tender, about 25 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Drain the potatoes and cut into 1/4-inch thick slices. Arrange half of the slices in a shallow, greased 2-quart baking dish. Top with half of the bacon and half of the onions. Combine the milk and sour cream and spread half of the mixture over the onions. Sprinkle with half of the cheese and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Repeat layers and sprinkle croutons on top and drizzle with butter. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
Newcastle Produce https://newcastleproduce.com/