Newcastle Tomato Salad with Grilled Torpedo Onions and Pesto Vin
A delicious way to enjoy the summer tomatoes and onions!
Write a review
- 4 Twin Brooks Farms torpedo onions, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- 8 Twin Brooks Farms tomatoes (mixed variety for color), sliced
- 4 Tablespoons Bariani Olive Oil
- Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper to taste
- 1 cup Newcastle Produce Housemade Pesto
- 1/2 cup Sparrow Lane Zinfandel Vinegar
- 1 head Twin Brooks Farms oak leaf lettuce, washed and dried.
- 1 bunch fresh basil.
- 1 Truckee Sourdough Baguette
- Toss the onions with Bariani Olive Oil, sea salt, and freshly ground pepper. Grill the onions until they are soft and start to carmelize. Season the sliced tomatoes with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Mix the fresh pesto and the Sparrow Lane Zinfandel Vinegar. Arrange whole lettuce leaves on a plate. Top with tomatoes and onions. while they are still warm. Drizzle with dressing and garnish with fresh basil. Serve with toasted, sliced Truckee Sourdough Baguette.
Newcastle Produce https://newcastleproduce.com/