with honey, pecans, & gorgonzola Serve as an appetizer or dessert
Write a review
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 2 large firm Bosc pears, peeled, halved, and cored
- 1/3 cup honey
- 4 ounce wedge of gorgonzola, quartered
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Spread the pecans on a baking sheet and toast for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon. Once they are cool, coarsely chop and set aside.
- In a medium pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the pears and sautè until caramelized on both sides, about 4 to 5 minutes. Reduce the heat, add the honey, and turn the pears to coat them evenly. Cover and cook until the pears are tender but not too soft, about 5 minutes.
- Remove pears from pan, cut each half into slices, and fan them on each serving plate. Place a slice of gorgonzola beside the slices and scatter pecans over the top. Serve immediately.
Newcastle Produce https://newcastleproduce.com/