This light, healthy, and delicious salad is perfect for summer … and it is the kind of meal you might find at a sidewalk café in Tuscany.
Write a review
- 1 loaf Truckee Sourdough, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 6 cups)
- 4 large tomatoes, a mix of red and yellow, trimmed, diced, and well-drained
- 3/4 cup sliced cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup Bariani Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Sparrow Lane Golden Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 8 to 12 oz fresh mozzarella, cut into cubes
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Arrange the bread cubes on a baking sheet and toast them under the broiler—turn them often so they brown evenly. Set the bread aside to cool. In a large serving bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add the bread cubes, toss well, and serve immediately to enjoy the light crunch of the bread. Serves 4.
Newcastle Produce https://newcastleproduce.com/