Potato Leek & Mushroom Gratin
Write a review
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 lb. oyster mushrooms
- 1 T minced garlic
- 4 cups thinly sliced leeks
- 1 T minced fresh thyme
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 3/4 cups cream or half & half
- 1/4 cup Shed Horn Chardonnay
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 t pepper
- 3 1/2 lbs. Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 10 oz. Gruyere cheese, grated
- Slice any large mushrooms. Sauté in 2 T butter about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic. Sauté until mushrooms are golden, about 3 more minutes. Set aside in a bowl.
- Melt remaining butter in the same skillet.
- Add leeks and thyme and sauté until leeks are tender and beginning to brown. Add to mushrooms and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Butter a 13x9 baking dish.
- Whisk broth, cream, wine, salt and pepper to blend.
- Peel potatoes and slice thinly.
- Layer 1/3 of potatoes in baking dish.
- Top with half of the mushroom & leek mixture, then 3/4 cup cheese.
- Layer with another 1/3 of potatoes.
- Pour half of the cream mixture over.
- Top with remaining mushrooms & leeks and 3/4 cups cheese.
- Cover with remaining potatoes and pour remaining cream mixture over.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered until potatoes are tender and sauce bubbles thickly, about 1 hour 20 minutes. Let sit for 30 minutes before serving.
Newcastle Produce https://newcastleproduce.com/