Write a review
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 pounds asparagus, tough ends removed
- 1 twist of orange peel
- Freshly ground pepper to taste.
- In a pan over medium-high heat, brown prosciutto in olive oil, about 4 minutes. Remove and drain on a paper towel. Add almonds to the pan and stir until golden brown. Remove nuts and set aside on a paper towel. Wipe out pan. In a small bowl, stir juice, vinegar, cornstarch, and grated orange peel until smooth. Add to pan and stir over high heat until bubbly, about 1 minute. Set aside in a small bowl and keep warm. Steam asparagus 2-4 minutes until tender, drain, and arrange on a platter. Pour orange sauce over asparagus, sprinkle prosciutto and almonds on top. Season with freshly ground pepper and the orange twist.
- Serves 6 as a side dish.
Newcastle Produce https://newcastleproduce.com/