Asparagus and Leek Frittata
Easier than an omelet, this delicious frittata is filled with fresh spring veggies and would be delicious for Easter brunch. Serves 6-8.
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 1 heaping cup)
- 2 cups thinly sliced leeks, white and pale green parts
- 12 whole eggs, beaten
- 4 oz. soft goat cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Butter, for greasing the pan
- Preheat the oven to 400F and grease an oven-safe skillet generously with butter. Heat the skillet over medium heat. Add the asparagus and sauté for 5 minutes. Add the leeks and sauté until the vegetables are tender, about 10 more minutes.
- Season the beaten eggs with salt and pepper and pour over the top, spreading with a fork to make sure the vegetables are completely covered. Crumble the goat cheese evenly across the top, then place the skillet in the oven to bake until the top is lightly golden, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven, slice and serve warm
Newcastle Produce https://newcastleproduce.com/