Roasted Beet Salad
with Asiago & Spinach Delicious and healthy, this salad is perfect for a romantic Valentine's Day dinner.
Write a review
- 3 pounds fresh beets, washed, topped, peeled, and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 3/4 cup roughly grated Asiago cheese
- 3 cups baby spinach, washed and dried
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Toss the beets with one tablespoon olive oil until coated and then spread them out on a non-stick baking sheet. Roast until fork tender; about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool completely. In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper, and mix well. Toss the greens, cheese, and beets until well coated, and serve. Note: For a spicier salad, try substituting arugula for the spinach. Also, adding 3-4 cloves of mashed roasted garlic to the dressing is a nice touch.
Newcastle Produce https://newcastleproduce.com/