San Francisco Style Cioppino
Italian fishermen in San Francisco developed Cioppino in the mid 1800’s. It is said that after a day’s work they would all “chip in” various pieces of seafood from the day’s catch into a communal pot for supper, hence the name Cioppino.
Write a review
- 1 jar of Newcastle Produce San Francisco Style Cioppino Sauce
- 1/2 lb. cod or halibut, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 lb. medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 lb. raw bay scallops
- 1/2 lb. fresh mussels, scrubbed
- 1/2 lb. Dungeness crab, cooked
- 12 fresh steamer clams
- In a large saucepan, add the entire jar of Cioppino Sauce. Add fish and shrimp; simmer for 5
- minutes. Add crab and scallops; simmer for 5 minutes. Add mussels and clams; cook until they open. Serve with your favorite red wine & warm, crusty sourdough bread from Truckee Sourdough or The Baker & the Cakemaker for sopping up the delicious broth.
Newcastle Produce https://newcastleproduce.com/