with cilantro, pistachios, and chipotle. An amazing topping for grilled fish or chicken. Or just spread it on bread and enjoy!
Write a review
- 2 dried chipotle chiles
- 1 large bunch cilantro, washed & dried
- 4 garlic cloves
- Juice of one lime
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup roasted, salted, and shelled pistachios
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- OPTIONAL: 1 mango, peeled and cubed
- Soak the chiles in very hot water until they are soft. Remove the seeds and stem and chop into small strips. In a food processor, combine the chiles, cilantro, garlic, lime juice, olive oil, and pistachios. Puree until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste. For a delicious variation, transfer pesto to a medium bowl and stir in chunks of mango. Serve spread over grilled fish or chicken, or use as a bread or vegetable dip.
- Makes about 2 cups
Newcastle Produce https://newcastleproduce.com/