Steamed Persimmon Pudding
A holiday tradition at our house, serve this seasonal treat cold with sweetened whipped cream.
Write a review
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins or dried cranberries
- 1/2 walnuts, chopped
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Hachiya persimmon pulp
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Mix together flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Stir in raisins and nuts. Add beaten eggs. Stir in sugar, then stir in persimmon pulp and melted butter. Add flour mixture, then milk, and beat until smooth.
- Pour into a greased glass baking dish. Set in a shallow pan of hot water and bake at 325° for 1 1/2 hours.
- Hachiya persimmons must ripen until they are soft and jelly-like before use. To speed up the ripening process, place whole persimmons in the freezer overnight or until frozen solid. Freezing will remove the astringency. Thaw out and use as needed.
Newcastle Produce https://newcastleproduce.com/