Strawberry Orange Compote
The gorgeous colors of this spring salad make it perfect for an Easter brunch or dinner starter. Be sure to serve it in a clear glass bowl or stemware to let the colors shine.
Write a review
- 1 Tablespoon Bear River Wildflower honey
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 pints fresh, ripe strawberries, cleaned and cut into quarters
- 3 navel oranges, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 blood oranges, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup Cointreau
- 3 Tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- Combine honey and orange juice. Toss with the strawberries. Cover and let the flavors meld in the refrigerator for at least one hour. Toss the strawberries with the oranges, Cointreau and mint and refrigerate until ready to serve. Makes 6 servings.
Chili Lime Vinaigrette
- Mix together 1/3 cup toasted sesame oil, 1/2 cup lime juice, 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar, 3/4 cup olive oil, 1 tsp sugar, 1 tsp Chili Lime Salt and 1/2 tsp crushed chili pepper. Shake well.
Mandarin Chili Lime Scallops
- Mix together 1/2 cup fresh lime juice, 1/4 cup mandarin marmalade, 1/4 cup olive oil, 2 tsp. soy sauce, and 1 tsp. Chili Lime Salt. Pour over 1 lb. scallops and let marinate for 30 minutes. Grill over medium heat for 2-3 minutes each side. Serve over rice, orzo or pasta.
Chili Lime Salt Fajitas
- Stir fry sliced onions, peppers and strips of chicken in olive oil and season with Chili Lime Salt. Build your fajita in a corn or flour tortilla with your choice of toppings: grated Monterey Jack cheese, sour cream, salsa, guacamole and a sprinkle of fresh lime juice.
Newcastle Produce https://newcastleproduce.com/