Summer Strawberry Shortcake
This Summer Strawberry Shortcake recipe from Chef Chelsea is made extra easy with Shortcake Biscuits made in the NP kitchen and sold all month in the NP deli. Try the recipe with other berries as well, and remember to save some of the White Port for sipping with your dessert!
Write a review
- 1 package NP Shortcake Biscuits
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 3 tbsp. Mt. Vernon White Port
- 2 tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 pint freshly whipped cream
- Hull strawberries and cut them into 1/2 inch pieces. Place them in a small saucepan with the white port. Stir together over medium low heat. Add the powdered sugar and simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the vanilla bean paste. Cool to room temperature.
- Assemble shortcakes. Makes four servings.
Newcastle Produce https://newcastleproduce.com/