Sweet Potato Casserole with Apples and Marshmallows
A yummy twist on the Thanksgiving standard!
Write a review
- 5-6 lbs red-skinned sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 1/3 " rounds
- 6-8 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled and cut into 1/3" size pieces
- 1 stick melted butter
Mix together in bowl
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Butter a large glass baking dish. Layer 1/2 sweet potatoes and 1/2 apples then spread with 1/2 pecan/cranberry mixture. Drizzle with 1/2 melted butter. Repeat. Bake covered with foil at 400 degrees for about 1 hour and 15-30 minutes (until tender).
- Then preheat broiler to high. Spread marshmallows on top and broil until lightly browned. Watch carefully so they don't burn! Serves 6-8.
Newcastle Produce https://newcastleproduce.com/