The Best Basil Pesto
Try this over pasta with fresh tomatoes, or as a spread for bread, or stir some into your next omelet! This will keep covered in the refrigerator for about one week.
Write a review
- 4 cups packed fresh basil leaves, washed and dried
- 2/3 cup pine nuts, pan toasted until golden, and cooled
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup Bariani Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- In a food processor, purée basil with other ingredients until smooth. Add olive oil to make desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste. To store, put in bowl and cover the surface of the pesto with a layer of olive oil or with plastic wrap to maintain the bright green color. Do not freeze.
Newcastle Produce https://newcastleproduce.com/