Tomatoes with Pasta Stuffing
One of the many recipes from Bernadette Amber’s Tomato cooking class, this makes a great summer meal.
Write a review
- 8 large, firm, ripe tomatoes, washed
- 1-1/4 cup Eduardo’s Conchigliette (or other small soup pasta)
- 8 black olives, pitted and finely chopped
- 3 T finely chopped fresh herbs (a mixture of chives, parsley, basil, and thyme)
- 4 T grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 T Bariani Olive Oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Slice off the tops of the tomatoes and scoop out the pulp with a small spoon. Turn the tomatoes upside down on a rack to drain, and chop and strain the pulp. Boil the pasta in salted water, but drain it 2 minutes earlier than recommended. In a large bowl, combine the pasta with the remaining ingredients and then stir in the tomato pulp. Add salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Stuff the tomatoes and replace the tops. Arrange them in one layer in a well-oiled baking dish. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Peel off the skins if desired. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Newcastle Produce https://newcastleproduce.com/