Warm Butternut Squash Salad
Serve this winter salad with crusty bread, hot clam chowder from the NP deli, and a medium bodied local white wine like David Girard’s Viognier Rousanne or Montoliva’s Pinot Grigio.
Write a review
- 1 1/2 lbs. butternut squash, peeled & diced into 3/4 inch cubes
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 T fresh lemon juice
- 2 T Sciabica red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 1/2 lb. winter greens (baby spinach,
- baby arugula, spring mix &/or kale
- with stems removed and thinly sliced)
- 3 navel oranges cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Whisk together juices, vinegar, garlic and shallots in a bowl with 1/4 cup olive oil. Set aside.
- Drizzle squash with 2 tablespoons olive oil, season with salt & pepper, spread on a sheet pan & roast at 400° until tender, about 20 minutes. Keep warm.
- Place greens in a large salad bowl. Add oranges, cranberries, walnuts & cheese. Toss with dressing. Sprinkle with salt & pepper and serve immediately.
Newcastle Produce https://newcastleproduce.com/