Sandwich & Salad Online Orders
Newcastle Produce now accepts advance Salad, Sandwich, and Wrap orders online! Click Here to visit our online ordering site!
Chef Chelsea Federwitz and her talented staff at the Newcastle Produce Deli prepare fresh, healthful salads, soups, sandwiches, casseroles, quiche, desserts and more for the hungry crowds who come to the NP Deli every day for lunch or for quick dinner items to take home, all featuring local, in season produce, of course. Chelsea was trained at the prestigious Culinary Institute of America at Greystone in Saint Helena, California, and her irresistible scones and desserts pair perfectly with a latte, cappucino, or cup of house-made chai. So go ahead, sit for awhile and take a delicious break before beginning your shopping adventure at Newcastle Produce!
Beverages and Espresso Drinks
All our Coffee Drinks are made with Temple Coffee, roasted in Sacramento, and our teas are brewed with Teas from Republic of Tea, Novato, California. We use Clover Organic Milk from Petaluma and TCHO Chocolate, Berkeley.
- Hot Tea – People’s Black, Ginger Peach, Apricot Decaf, Pomegranate Green 12 oz. $1.00, 16 oz. $1.25
- Hot Coffee 12 oz. $2.00, 16 oz. $2.50, refills $1.00
- Latte 12 oz. $4.25, 16 oz. $4.75
- Mocha 12 oz. $4.25, 16 oz. $4.75
- Cappuccino $3.75
- Hot Chocolate 12 oz. $2.50. 16 oz. $2.75
- Flour Girl Housemade Chai 12 oz $3.50, 16 oz. $3.75
- Americano $2.00
- Iced Tea 16 oz. $2.00, 24 oz. $2.25
- Italian Soda 16 oz. $2.50, 24 oz. $3.00
- Soy, Almond or Coconut Milk 75 cents extra
- Extra Shot $1.25
- Syrup $.50
We also feature seasonal specialty drinks.
Pick up lunch or dinner from us anytime
Save your time and your sanity! Choose from our ready-to-eat prepared foods including hearty, healthy soups, scones, sandwiches, salads, entrees, breakfast items, desserts and more, all made in the Newcastle Produce kitchen from fresh, high quality ingredients. They make a perfect quick lunch or dinner for you and your family.
Our menu changes often depending on the seasonal availability of local produce. Feel free to call (916-663-2016) and ask what’s on the menu today.
Check out our Deli Calendar and see what soup is available today. We change soups twice a week and during the cold months we feature Minestrone daily along with our seasonal soup of the day. Soup is sold by the quart ($9.99), pint ($4.99) and ½ pint or bowl ($2.99) and comes with crackers or bread.
Our kitchen staff has baked hundreds of different kinds of moist and delicious scones featuring the flavors of the season. Our scones are $3.25 each.
Check our Deli Calendar to see what our entrée specials are for today. We make Enchiladas, Lasagna, Quiche, Newcastle Rolls, Shepherd’s Pies, Chicken Pot Pies and other delicious dishes for lunch or to take home for dinner.
- Breakfast Sandwich on an English Muffin or Croissant with Egg, Cheese, and Ham or Bacon served Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, $3.99
- Breakfast Burrito with Egg, Cheese, Ham and Veggies, or Vegetarian Style with no Ham, served Thursday and Friday, $4.25
- Quiche, many seasonal choices, served Thursday-Sunday, $3.99 per slice, $16.99 whole.
Try our Homemade Desserts
Just think, delicious fresh-baked desserts, and no mess in your kitchen!
On any day you might find in our deli case:
- Turnovers – Cherry, Blueberry, Apple, $2.50
- Brownies with Ganache, $2.99
- Cookies – Peanut Butter, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip, Oatmeal with Currants and Sunflower Seeds, Oatmeal Chocolate Chip, Blueberry Oatmeal, Snikerdoodles, Ginger Cookies and more $1.99
- Seasonal Specialties
About Chelsea, our Chef
A true local girl, Chelsea Federwitz was born in Sacramento and raised in Newcastle (her grandfather was Newcastle Fire Chief for 40+ years!). As a teenager, her first job ever was working for NP. She went on to graduate from Sierra College with honors, and then she completed the Baking and Pastry Program at the Culinary Institute of America in Saint Helena.
Jan Thompson could not be happier to welcome Chelsea back. “I am so inspired by her energy, ideas, and creativity,” says Jan. Chelsea wanted to return to NP because she recognized what a unique and special operation Jan and Francis have created. “My family came from Portugal and had been fruit farmers in Newcastle for 65 years,” says Chelsea. “At a young age, the importance of freshly grown produce was instilled in me, and it is a way of life. I appreciate the fact that Jan and Francis Thompson strive to make a difference in farming, and they utilize their fresh produce in the store’s deli.”